1) when pigs fly – когда рак на горе свистнет
I think that my friend will finish his university degree when pigs fly.
2) сool as a cucumber – невозмутимый, хладнокровный, спокойный как танк
Even when I cried he stayed as cool as a cucumber.
Bill is a good football quarterback, always cool as a cucumber.
3) like a bull in a china shop – как слон в посудной лавке
You re not going to go storming in there like a bull in a china shop, are you?
4) be on cloud nine – быть на седьмом небе от счастья
I’ve been on cloud nine all day long.
The newly weds seemed to be on cloud nine.
5) lame duck – неудачник, бедолага
The prospect of his daughters life being spent among lame ducks worried him.
6) Storm in a teacup – буря в стакане воды
Well, It’s just a storm in a teacup, baby.
7) to make a mountain out of a molehill – делать их мухи слона
Calm down. There’s really nothing to worry about. You’re making a mountain out of a molehill.
8) to let the cat out of the bag – выдать секрет, проболтаться
It was going to be a surprise party until someone let the cat out of the bag.
9) to put a cat among the pigeons – вызвать переполох
Who will be the one to put the cat among the pigeons now ?